Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain Drops & Memories

It has been a blustery, rainy day here.
Which is so very rare.
Sonoran Desert rare.
I rejoiced with every drop and cloud.
I took the long way home and watched the fluffy grey clouds cling to the tops of the McDowell Mountain tops, and let the rain blow into the car, windows down and played very loud classical music...I felt as though I was flying the wind gusts were so strong.

It reminded me of a time, some 12 years ago when we were on an extended road trip - we had donated and stored all we had that wouldn't fit into our truck and set off to find ourselves,
many nights of coffee shops and days of walking through forests where big clusters of mushrooms and wild raspberries grew, we found ourselves in a place called Forest Hills, where we stayed and found a job tending to a ranch. We had to drive a good stretch of road into town, I would drive windows down and listen to the original gospel recordings of Aretha Franklin very loud.
After such a drive I penned this poem:



The mist rises

And mingles among the pine

And oak

Deep valleys with water trickling

Into little creeks like the earths veins

Here there grow mushrooms

Found in patches under damp leaves

Trees flocked with green moss

Covering limbs

Of the twisted reaching oak

The clouds thick only letting

The sun in enough to

Make all the land grow

In its warmth for a time

Rain comes down

A shower

Baptizes the land

~

georgia sakura




I hope you have a special memory that you can recall and allow yourself a moment of reflection,

and if you do not have any such memories, maybe you should think about making some.

Our lives are made up of layers of memories and experiences, thank you for allowing me to share
one of mine with you...


No comments: