Monday, June 16, 2008


Good evening dearies,
I hope your weekend was a super wonderful one, around here at studio Sakura...
I have been very busy indeed.
I finished a new original painting for the next shop update,(which will be sometime by he end of next week) one very kawaii mushroom (in all my inspriednessfrom the front page mushroom activity)-this mushroom is a sweet whimsical fly argic, all bright red with a skirt and spots...after my very heart, i tell you, it took me the better part of a days work too, but its just the kind of work I adore; plenty of hand stitching, felt and designing.


Then there's that tree embroidery piece I mentioned earlier..it is moving along..these things take time, and i never rush them, for it is the feeling of which i have while creating them, that will show through in the final piece. I am after a certain aesthetic that will never come about in any hurry.


I have a bunch of little extra new things I've been creating for the update that are right up my alley..
delicate
feminine
very unique

These days I seem to carry around a bundle of new project ideas with me for inspiration.
right now on my table alongside a now cold cup of green tea, are:

~turquoise calico patches
~a light yellow eyelet gingham(yes both on the same piece of fabric)
~ random scraps of a pink flower fabric that my daughter made the most adorable little hand sewn sweetlings out of when she was 5-6, and I cherish the few pieces left of that fabric.
~a blank small oval embroidery hoop, stretched tight with embroidery fabric...ready for something??
~my notebook where a plethora of sketches, words that make me wander, & many to do lists, that always seem to be overlooked

What wonderful and simple days I live, my children constantly surround me - and their inquisitive questions and random bursts of giggles and roughhousing ensue, while I am constantly creating.
These are the Best of Days~

and in other swell news...
I have discovered to my jolly surprise that I have two more pieces in two separate new treasuries today thru tomorrow. the first made front page ..^_^
powder...blue
curated by:lilldybug
my four little flowers, embroidery piece was featured
thank you lilldybug :)
you can view her calm treasury here..

&

GREEN tea
curated by:shecological
my original Painting, the tea pickers of Shizuoka is featured

thank you shecological :)
you can view her green treasury here...

To celebrate Green Tea in all its wonderful glory, I would love to give all of you a special gift certificate coupon for 10% off any of our premium imported Japanese green teas,
at our specialty shop
Sushi & Japanese Market

Here is a direct link to the Japanese Green Tea Category
just enter code:etsytea, and your good to go!

Well I'm off to sew, sew and start the first of a few new sweetlings for the shop update next week~I hope your night and morrow is filled with flowers, love, smiles and serenity...xoxo georgia

No comments: