Saturday, June 21, 2008



happy new summer weekend you~
whew! these weeks are flying fluttering away so fast, aren't they?
I am so very busy here at my little studio in the desert.
I am hand sewing, machine sewing, working with polymer clay, painting pen & ink and lots of designing.
All in preparation for the much anticipated shop update late next week.
I have happily sent out two orders with much love and extra goodies from the shop as well as some original exclusives...thank you both, you sweeties..I hope you adore your sweetlings...:)

I took a drive past the deserty mountains and cactus to visit with my parents a couple of days ago, I brought homemade cinnamon rolls..
we had a lovely time talking about how i now understand so much more of why they did or didn't do things when we were little, now that I am a parent I understand and relate more to them, I am glad I have the chance to express my respect for the great job they did raising us 7 kids.
I left with many new wrinkles from laugh lines I'm sure and bags of grandma goodies. I gave her the little pouch Santa Fe, from my shop..she loved it. They have always been so supportive in my creative endeavors, they would bring us beads from the Indian reservations, growing up in New Mexico, and since they run a business involving sewing construction gear and accessories, gave me my first job sewing, which taught me everything I know about the craft.
Oh la la la~

In Preparation to Spoon...
And no I don't mean the incomparable Jimmy Whitherspoon for all you hipsters out there, im talking about the radically killer cool new biz and website Spoonflower
I recently was granted a gracious invitation, to design and order my own FaBrIc !!
How cool is that?!?
I bet you can hear my sketch pad and pen smoking with activity from your screen huh?
I have a few ideas...try more like 50 ideas for new fabric, and oh the possibilities for what I will in turn make from them...
Watch Out world here I come!
But seriously I AM very giddy about the prospect,(it has only been a dream to create my very own fabric)
But I am using it as a reward, if the next shop update does well, I will be able to afford the yards and fat quarters i am dreaming up, so call it a bribe....
Well peepz I am far far to anxious for the next update and must keep finishing all these sweetlings if i am to be done in time!
Next time I will take pictures along the way, so I can let you in on the processes involved..which to me is the best part, so let me know if that is something you would like to see here..
Also I would Love, absolutely adore if you were to pass along something for me to give a go at creating...like a special adornment or painting you've always wanted, but never seen, I'm always up for a challenge.
Talk to you sooner than later...
xoxo
georgia
^_^

No comments: